Smoke Certificate Requirements
Purpose of Permits
The construction permit is a license that grants legal permission to begin construction and is required for all new buildings and structures. Work involving the altering and modifying of existing buildings and structures, renovations and the installation of fixtures and certain equipment also requires a construction permit. Permits allow the enforcement of the codes which have been adopted as law by the State of New Jersey and The Borough of Lincoln Park.
No matter what the specific project may be, the enforcement of codes is carried out to protect the public health, safety and welfare of the residents. Please give us a call if you have questions concerning permit requirements.
What is Required
The permit application will require basic information about the project. The scope of the project and the contractors or individuals slated to perform the work must be indicated along with the required signatures, license information and seals. The application must also include sketches, plans or other documentation for review.
The staff will inspect the construction project at specified stages of the work and upon completion a final inspection is required. Inspections are required and are necessary to verify whether code standards are met. It is the homeowner or contractors responsibility to call and schedule all inspections.
Construction Permit Application Packet & Related Forms
The nature of the construction project you are undertaking will dictate which of the subcode technical sections are required.
All applications must include:
Depending on the scope of work the following subcode sections are necessary:
- Building Subcode - U.C.C. F110
- Electrical Subcode - U.C.C. F120
- Fire Subcode - U.C.C. F140
- Plumbing Subcode - U.C.C. F130
- Chimney Verification - U.C.C. F370
- Framing Checklist - U.C.C. F390
- Zoning Permit Application - Please attach a copy of property survey indicating location, size and setback for changes
- Smoke Certificate Requirements https://www.lincolnpark.org/DocumentCenter/View/7283/smoke-certificate-requirement
- Additional Resources