The Municipal Clerk is a statutory position (more info) and under Lincoln Park's form of government, Faulkner Plan F, the Governing Body appoints the Clerk. The Clerk is the direct link between the residents and the Council.
The Clerk's duties are:
- Secretary to the Municipal Corporation and the Governing Body
- Chief Administrative Officer in all elections
- Coordinator and Records Manager of local archives and records retention
- Licensing Official for licenses including alcoholic beverages, raffles, bingo and other games of chance
- Other duties as imposed by Statute, regulation or Municipal Ordinances
- Maintain copies of all official records
THE BOROUGH IS NO LONGER NOTARIZING LEGAL DOCUMENTS INCLUDING WILLS, MORTGAGES, POWER OF ATTORNEY AND OTHER CERTAIN DOCUMENTS. IT IS BEST TO CONTACT THE BOROUGH BEFORE COMING IN TO SEE IF WE ARE ABLE TO NOTARIZE A CERTAIN DOCUMENT.
PRIMARY ELECTION - JUNE 6, 2023 - (6:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 7, 2023 - (6:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
ALL POLLING LOCATIONS WILL BE HELD AT THE PAL BUILDING
All WARDS WILL VOTE AT THE PAL BUILDING LOCATED AT 10 BOONTON TURNPIKE, BEHIND THE LIBRARY