- Records Bureau
- Firearms Requests
The New Jersey State Police has created a new Online Firearms Application and Registration System. The new online system will expedite the entire application process.
In order to obtain a firearm, you must meet eligibility requirements and comply with the statutes, which govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. All firearms applications for residents of the State of NJ can now be completed through the Firearms Application and Registration System (F.A.R.S.)
Firearms Application Process & Requirements
To begin the new online NJSP Firearms Application and Registration System (F.A.R.S.) you will need to click here NJSP F.A.R.S.
Please ensure that the Lincoln Park ORI number is correct on the form and all information provided. If an incorrect ORI number is entered on the form, you will NOT receive a firearms ID card or a permit to purchase. You will then have to re-apply using the correct ORI Number and pay for the process again. A refund cannot be issued.
The Lincoln Park Police Department ORI NUMBER to be used by Lincoln Park residents ONLY is: NJ0141600
If you have never been fingerprinted before for firearms purposes, you will need to go for fingerprinting with the Universal Fingerprint form that will be generated after successful submission of this form. However, if you have been fingerprinted before for firearm purposes, upon completion of this form and payment, you would have completed both the S.T.S 033 and 212A requirements.
You will be receiving automated email updates throughout the new process.
Notify your references that the F.A.R.S. system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references will be able to complete the questions using a smartphone/tablet or computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
Payment for your Firearms Identification Card and Pistol Permit(s) whichever you have selected will be collected at the time of pick up. Please see below traditional process for more information regarding fees.
With using the online F.A.R.S. system If you are having technical or payment-related issues, contact the New Jersey e-Government
Services Help Desk Phone: 609-586-2600 .
- Firearms ID Card- $ 50.00- Initial Only, no fee for a duplicate card. Payable by check or money order ONLY to Borough of Lincoln Park
- Permit to Purchase a Handgun- $ 25.00 each. Payable by check or money order ONLY to the Borough of Lincoln Park. There is no limit on the quantity of permits you may apply for but the New Jersey "One Gun Law" Prohibits the purchase of more than one(1) handgun within a 30-day period.
- All fees pertaining to application process are paid online through the FARS portal, Criminal history/fingerprints. You will be notified when to provide your payment for a FID card and/or permit to our department.
- IndentoGo (MorphoTrust) - Information to include appointments and fees will be provided upon submission of a correctly completed application.
- LINCOLN PARK ORI# - NJ0141600
- NJ STATE CODE: 2F164B