COVID 19, EXECUTIVE ORDERS & LP RECREATION
Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders are a "road plan" we are navigating every day. We work closely with our Health Officer to interpret the Orders so we can revise our Recreation opportunities for our residents as quickly and efficiently as possible, while keeping everyone safe.
Here a few of the current guidelines that may answer some of your questions:
INDOOR BASKETBALL is prohibited as stated in Exec Order 153:
WHEREAS, consistent with this Plan, most outdoor activities, including those that take place in outdoor spaces owned or operated by recreation businesses, can begin to open to the public consistent with the State’s framework on outdoor recreation and the relative risks of COVID-19 transmission provided that certain social distancing measures are followed, but recreation businesses still cannot allow the public into the indoor spaces for activity because such indoor environments continue to pose a higher risk of COVID-19 transmission at this time.
The Lincoln Park Recreation Department is very excited to offer you the ability to easily and securely view and register for activities online. CivicRec is fast, easy to use, provides around the clock access, and your account information remains private and secure.
You can easily create a new account by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Create an Account link.
- Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields (Birth Date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
- Please note if you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
Please use the link to connect to CivicRec: https://secure.rec1.com/NJ/lincoln-park-nj/catalog
CivicRec will allow the Recreation Department to accept credit card payments. This feature will be available
Our goal is to provide Lincoln Park with a variety of recreational, educational, enrichment, and health and wellness opportunities for all residents of all ages to enhance the quality of life for our residents and community to continue to make Lincoln Park the best place to live, play and thrive.
General Program Information
The Borough of Lincoln Park offers a variety of recreational opportunities for residents of all ages and abilities. In addition, there are numerous recreational facilities, which are available for use by residents. Many programs are open to nonresidents and are identified as "nonresidents welcome."
Video & Photo PolicyPlease be advised that participants involved in any department programs or special events are subject to being photographed or videotaped. All photos and video footage obtained may be used in the future by the Borough of Lincoln Park for program guides, brochures, pamphlets, flyers, presentations, news releases, on Channel 77 or on the Lincoln Park website without an obligation to provide compensation to those photographed or videotaped. Anyone wanting to opt out must complete a form with the Recreation Department.
- Lincoln Park residents and their guests only.
- Non-Motorized watercrafts are defined as canoes (under 18ft), kayaks, (under 14ft), and rowboats (under 18ft). Watercraft must be owned and operated by a Lincoln Park resident.
- Each watercraft must be registered with the LP Recreation Department every year and proper fees submitted.
- Registration fee is $25 per boat per season.
- A Registration Sticker will be provided for each registered watercraft and must visible.
- Watercrafts shall be launched from the designated area at the entrance to the Lake. Use is limited to designated areas and is prohibited within 25 feet of the swim lanes.
- NO REFUNDS
- 2020 Watercraft Registration form can be accessed here or you can register through Civic Rec (see above for the link). PLEASE NOTE: Private Inflatable vessels and Stand Up Paddleboards are excluded and prohibited from use.
- Watercraft Season is now officially over! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>