Zoning Board of Adjustment
- 7 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of the Month
- Council Chambers, Municipal Building
34 Chapel Hill Road
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Zoning Board consists of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members. They are appointed by the Governing Body in staggering terms.
|Board Member||Term Expiration Date|
|Stephen R. Zalewski||12/31/2024|
|Miguel Villavicencio (Alt. #1)||12/31/2024|
|VACANT - Alternate #2|
|Michael Lipari - Counsel|
|Thomas A. Boorady - Engineer|
Darmofalski Engineering Assoc., Inc.
|Paul Ricci - Planner|
The Zoning Board of Adjustment was established to promote health, safety, morals and general welfare, prevent overcrowding of land and buildings, avoid undue concentration of population, provide adequate light and air with reasonable consideration to the characters of the zone and its peculiar suitability for particular uses, and with the objective of conserving the value of property and encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the borough.
The Building Inspector and Zoning Officer of the Borough enforce zoning violations.
Chapter 28 of the Development Review Ordinance (DRO) consists of the following:
- Article II Establishment of Zones
- Article III Schedule of General Requirements
- Article IV General Provisions
- Article VR-40, R-20, R-10, R-20/PRD, R-15 and LM-SC Residential Zones
- Article VITH-S, Townhouse Set-Aside Zone
- Article VI-ATH/ACHS, Townhouse-Adult Community Housing/Set-Aside Zone
- Article VI-BGA-S Garden Apartment Set-Aside Overlay Zone
- Article VI-CACH, Adult Community Housing, Subsidized and Non-Subsidized
- Article VI-D Affordability Control
- Article VI-E Limiting Development
- Article VII GAR, Garden Apartment Residential Zone
- Article VIII Business Zones
- Article IX CR, Commercial Recreation Zone
- Article X Industrial Zones
- Article XI Residential Lot Cluster Development
- Article XII Conditional Uses
- Article XIII Signs
- Article XIV Prohibition of Abandoned and Unlicensed Vehicles in all Zones
- Article XV Non-Conforming Uses and Buildings
- Article XVI Administration
- Article XVII Miscellaneous
DRO - Development & Zoning Ordinances
The Development Regulations are comprised of 2 chapters which can be accessed through the links below:
- Chapter 17: Planning and Zoning - The purpose of this chapter is to establish patterns and to regulate the use of land and buildings based on the Master Plan
- Chapter 28: Zoning Ordinance - The purpose of this chapter is to encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the borough
Zoning Maps are available in the borough Clerk's Office for $15. Copies of the Development Regulations, Chapters 17 and 28, are available in the borough Clerk's Office for $100.